Terms for payment and compensation of revision procedures (patients’ repeated treatment) in the clinic – REVISION SURGERY POLICY
Revision surgery shall be considered a normal occurrence, by which the result achieved during an earlier operation is improved. Revision surgery is a repeated surgical intervention after an initial operation. The patient shall be provided a consultation with a Nordclinic doctor before the revision surgery. If, during the consultation when the patient visits Nordclinic, contraindication(s) to the performance of the revision surgery/intervention is/are identified, the patient’s travel, accommodation or other expenses shall not be compensated.
1. REVISION SURGERY AND/OR TREATMENT FREE OF CHARGE shall be provided in the clinic to patients for early postoperative complications, including:
The clinic shall be consulted within the first 3 months after the surgery. The revision surgery/intervention shall be performed during a period of time agreed by Nordclinic and the patient.
REMARK. The above-mentioned complications shall be confirmed by objective medical testing – results of a wound culture, results of blood tests, ultrasound test data and so on. The patient shall present medical records/copies proving such testing.
2. TREATMENT IN RETURN FOR A FIXED MINIMAL PAYMENT (500 EUROS) shall be provided to patients for late postoperative complications, including:
The clinic shall be consulted within the first 12 months after the surgery. The treatment in return for a fixed minimal payment shall be performed during a period of time agreed by Nordclinic and the patient.
3. GUARANTEES (WARRANTIES) RELATED TO IMPLANTS shall be provided to patients in accordance with the conditions specified by the manufacturer of such implants.
4. Other conditions, for example, including that the patient does not like the shape of the body part, insufficient liposuction, loose skin, tangible/visible unevenness, loss of fat and so on, SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLICATIONS and a new treatment episode shall be charged the full price minus a 15 per cent discount. The full price of treatment shall also be charged to patients who choose at the time of revision (clause 1) or at the time of treatment for a fixed minimal price (clause 2) to receive additional health care services.
5. This REVISION POLICY SHALL NOT BE APPLIED if the following reasons are identified.
Revision surgery/intervention may be necessary due to factors beyond the doctor’s control. This does not mean that the surgery was unsuccessful or that another doctor would have performed such surgery better. The reasons for insufficient results which depend on factors beyond the control of the doctor or of the medical institution may include: